[Plugin Request/Question] External Package

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
dezmen3

[Plugin Request/Question] External Package

Post by dezmen3 »

Hello. I'm packing my dlls and some other resource files in executable exe of my software. Since resource files have massive size i want to know if there is some plugin(or it can be coded) to add external package when i pack my resources.
For Example:
+ Software.exe (40mb)
- Software.exe (2mb)
- Some_DLLs (3mb)
- Resources(pictures, sounds etc) (35mb)

So i need it to be in this way:
+ Software.exe (40mb)
- Software.exe (2mb)
- Some_DLLs (3mb)
- Path to Resource.pack (should contain version)

+ Resources.pack
- Resource(pictures, sounds etc) (35mb)
- Version Information (So exe will see what version pack have, if version same that in exe version - boot, if not - says old version and close)

So its like external package for enigma packer (virtual box section).

Any ideas/help?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: [Plugin Request/Question] External Package

Post by Enigma »

Hi dezmen3, I got your idea. Yes, this would be helpful and it will be sometimes implemented. I can't tell you how soon it will be made yet.

Currently we are migrating functionality of our freeware program Enigma Virtual Box to Enigma Protector and after migrating we will implement the idea you are asking.
dezmen3

Post by dezmen3 »

Can it be done within plugin or it needs enigma protector to be rebuild to add package menu?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

This depends of your needs. For example, if you want to use current Virtual Box feature together with such packaging feature then no, it is impossible now.

From other side, it is possible to create the plugin that will read packaging file and extract all it's files to the disk (without emulation files in memory).

If you want the packaged files to be virtualized, then there is no way and have to wait this new feature to be made.
dezmen3

Post by dezmen3 »

Can it be done faster? Somehow? :D Really need something to make external package for my software that no one will steal :(
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi dezmen3, anyway, it will not be done quicker then a month, there is really need much work migrating Enigma Virtual Box functionality into Enigma Protector... Migrating is our main issue within last 2 weeks, so, at least, the process is in progress ;)