Config file management?

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
enzeinzen

Config file management?

Post by enzeinzen »

Hello,

I am trying to turn my digital game collection into portable apps using Enigma VirtualBox and I'm encountering a great setback.

Most games have config files and save files that are contained somewhere within the filesystem and it gets reset every time the app is started (is not saved on app exit within the portable app). Is there any way i could make the portable app write to itself once it exits so that the settings and even the saves can be carried over easily?

I'm sorry if this is a basic question but i do not have much experience with this type of software.

Thank you in advance.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Config file management?

Post by Enigma »

This is the current logic of virtual box feature. You've included such config files into Virtual Box, protection allows program to write data to these virtual files, but after restart, protection takes the original state/data of these files.
In future we plan to improve this logic and save the changed data somewhere on the disk to load it after file restart.
But for now, to fix this problem, you have to exclude config files from virtual box.