RISC VM, markers and taggant system.

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
ck_

RISC VM, markers and taggant system.

Post by ck_ »

In 4.XX version you provide new RISC VM and new markers.
Not much info in docs about this innovation, so few things are not clear.

Can I use new markers with Classic VM? or old markers with new VM?

Is it safe to use new VM in terms of false-positives of antiviruses since you wrote:
We would like to note that this version DOES NOT include the taggant system yet (system that will help to avoid antivirus false detections for protected file).
Or you mean enigma 4 itself not modern VM here?

Thanks.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: RISC VM, markers and taggant system.

Post by Enigma »

ck_ wrote:Can I use new markers with Classic VM? or old markers with new VM?
All current vm markers that you have always work as classic virtual machine (it's compatibility issue, nothing is changing for you if you use vm_begin/vm_end). To add markers of new risc virtual machine, you need to add new (or replace existing vm_begin/vm_end) vm_risc_begin/vm_risc_end markers.

Settings on the Virtual Machine - Settings panel affects only if you use code virtualization through map file, through Virtual Machine - Functions Selecting, it does not affect markers.

However, the settings for vm_risc markers are being taken from Virtual Machine - Settings - RISC Virtual Machine Properties options.
ck_

Post by ck_ »

Ok clear, what about taggant system question?
Thanks.
Alec

Post by Alec »

We are working on taggant still, as much as top antivirus vendors.
ck_

Post by ck_ »

Alec wrote:We are working on taggant still, as much as top antivirus vendors.
That's cool, Alec, but my question was: is taggant issue impact on whole enigma or only RISC VM?
In other words if I will not use RISC VM markers will I have taggant issue? Thanks.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Taggant will affect any file, there is no matter what options you use in protection.

Taggant is a system that digitally sign the protected file to make sure it is not modified etc. It works like SignTool, but it is compatible with SignTool.

So this really does not matter for taggant what file you are using to sign in, and of course it does not matter what options you use for protection.
ck_

Post by ck_ »

Ok, thanks.