Polymorphic code?

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
samsonite131

Polymorphic code?

Post by samsonite131 »

Does Enigma Protector use polymorphic code to protect coding sections?

For example, I can do:
EP_Marker("reg_crypt_begin1");
MyFunction();
EP_Marker("reg_crypt_end1");

to "encrypt" a section, but is this considered protection by encryption only, or does it also use polymorphic code?

I searched the Enigma documentation, but I couldn't find any descriptions containing the word "polymorphic".
Thanks
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Polymorphic code?

Post by Enigma »

Hi,

No, the Enigma Protector does not apply any code modifications to this kind of markers.

I would recommend you to use vm_begin/vm_end markers, or better vm_risc_begin/vm_risc_end (for x86 version only) instead this, because the vm_risc_begin/vm_risc_end markers now serves more protection than reg_crypt.
samsonite131

Post by samsonite131 »

I'm planning to encrypt sections for a 64-bit app with hardwareID lock, so I assume I must use reg_crypt markers to take advantage of encryption. I'm assuming that if a section doesn't necessarily need to be encrypted, vm makers could be used instead. Sound good?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yes, the logic sounds very good.

I just want to advise to use as more vm markers as possible. Do not limit number of these markers to 2-3, do 20-30.