C# .NET and Enigma Protector

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
breoadg

C# .NET and Enigma Protector

Post by breoadg »

Can it virtualize C# code?

Are there any markers for C#?
breoadg

Re: C# .NET and Enigma Protector

Post by breoadg »

This was supposed to be a simple yes/no question: does the new VM support C# .NET?

If yes, I will gladly buy it. If no, I have another option, which is much more expensive (399USD) and less versatile than EP, but it will have to do.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi breoadg,

The answer for your question is not only yes/no, it is much difficult.

First of all, imagine, C# code is already a virtual code, that is run under virtual processor of .net framework. .net code is not an assembler code that can be virtualized, because it is already virtualized by .net framework. So, do you think is there any sense if you virtualize already virtualized code? I think that there is no much sense.

Can Enigma Protector virtualize the .net code - no, reply is above. Markers are not supported for .net too.

But, there is some workaround, that works and works very good as far as I know. .net programs may contain mixed assembly, this is the mix of unmanaged and managed code. This case, all markers can be used in unmanaged code. If you could build an application that has mixed assemblies, than for unmanaged one you may use any markers, VM markers and code virtualization. The only one frustrating thing - I can't advise you how to crease mixed assembly, but due to a lot of questions in this direction we hope to create the tutorial about that asap.
breoadg

Post by breoadg »

Your workaround looks very interesting. I am already using mixed code, but I prefer to wait for that tutorial since I believe your advices will be very valuable. Thanks! :D
sanyock

Post by sanyock »

breoadg wrote:This was supposed to be a simple yes/no question: does the new VM support C# .NET?

If yes, I will gladly buy it. If no, I have another option, which is much more expensive (399USD) and less versatile than EP, but it will have to do.
I guess you refer Eazfuscator which is the only tool (though some other obfuscation tool vendors mention virtualization I am not sure if it is actual one for DotNet) I am aware can actually convert marked fragments of IL code to another virtual machine which itself runs on IL yet.

Enigma is very good for locking to hardware.

I use both of them with a great success together:
1) Eazfuscator to virtualize initialization code at the beginning of the program and all calls to Enigma API
2) Enigma covers above assembly with its own container and provides compression, virtual file system and locking to hardware

In my opinion this combination is excellent

In my opinion it would be even more reliable if Vladimir releases a pure DotNet code for locking to licensee hardware which could be fully hidden under Eazfuscator virtualization. A very good native Enigma licensing GUI would be still used on licensor (developer) machine. In such case no any calls to protection API outside of Eazfuscator VM would be done.
breoadg

Post by breoadg »

Yes, I was referring to Eazfuscator. Using it with Enigma is a bit expensive for me, but I agree it is a good idea. I prefer to wait for mixed assembly tutorial from Enigma. The most interesting part would be which parts of code should be transferred into unmanaged code and how. I have some ideas but I bet he has more. :ugeek:
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

breoadg wrote:Yes, I was referring to Eazfuscator. Using it with Enigma is a bit expensive for me, but I agree it is a good idea. I prefer to wait for mixed assembly tutorial from Enigma. The most interesting part would be which parts of code should be transferred into unmanaged code and how. I have some ideas but I bet he has more. :ugeek:
Hi, may be this link helps you :)

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/674 ... Protection
manymore

Post by manymore »

То есть это означает, что просто запаковав C#.Net программу энигмой это не дает гарантии от того, что исходный код достанут или уберут привязку?

It means that just packed with Enigma C#.Net program can be hacked and source code can be extracted?
zop

Post by zop »

Уже 100500 раз говорилось: хочешь защитить сурс на шарпе - пользуйся обфускаторами. Или пиши не на дотнете. Или дождись версию компилятора c#, который компилирует в байткод. В microsoft его активно тестируют уже.

If you want to protect your source code - use obfuscation.
manymore

Post by manymore »

zop wrote:Уже 100500 раз говорилось: хочешь защитить сурс на шарпе - пользуйся обфускаторами. Или пиши не на дотнете. Или дождись версию компилятора c#, который компилирует в байткод. В microsoft его активно тестируют уже.

If you want to protect your source code - use obfuscation.
Offtop: а про разрабатываемый компилятор можно поподробнее? искал в гугле, никакой информации не нашел.