Any way to hide Enigma?

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
avok

Any way to hide Enigma?

Post by avok »

Hello,

Is there any way to hide that Enigma is used to protect an application? I can see there are many visible strings pointing to Enigma in memory dumped/protected executable. It seems that most of these are visible because of the embedded Enigma dll plugins.

I don't know if this is important or not and I don't understand much about cracking or unpacking, but it I was able to find out what was used to protect the our program in couple of minutes. Does this make it easier for the cracker/unpacker?

example
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Any way to hide Enigma?

Post by Enigma »

Hi avok,

This is not very important to hide these strings, each process could be dumped and dump could be researched. Believe me, for advanced crackers it is not a problem to understand what tool was used for protection!

Usually, people who attempt to research/reverse/crack protected application use file analyser tools, like PEiD, by one click these tools can recognize the protector. To hide Enigma from such tools use the feature PROTECTION FEATURES - File analyzer deception - Hide protection code with. In my experience, I noticed that Borland Delphi and C++ work good for almost all analyser tools. Searching some strings in the process memory or in the dump to recognize protector - seems it is very very rare method.

Also, if you know what protector was used to particular application it does not help you somehow with it's cracking!
avok

Post by avok »

Thanks for the reply.

OK, good to know. The type of software we are developing is most likely to end up being heavily analyzed and there will be many unpack attempts. This is why I'm a bit "over worried." :)

We changed from EXECryptor because EC hasn't updated for 2-3 years. We are planning to make a completely new version of our program with the new protector and just want to be sure of everything.
prasid

Post by prasid »

avok wrote:
We changed from EXECryptor because EC hasn't updated for 2-3 years. We are planning to make a completely new version of our program with the new protector and just want to be sure of everything.
Remember The Enigma Protector update regularly.
We are planning to make a completely new version of our program with the new protector and just want to be sure of everything.
No doubt, The Enigma Protector is the best and always best. Really it's unable to crack/unpack without valid registration information.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

OK, good to know. The type of software we are developing is most likely to end up being heavily analyzed and there will be many unpack attempts. This is why I'm a bit "over worried."
OK, understand! But I repeat once again, more integration of protection with main program gives you high protection level. Try to use Enigma API, use check protection markers, Reg_Crypt markers is wonderful idea, Virtual Machine - just very good decision!
scorillo7

Post by scorillo7 »

prasid wrote:
avok wrote:
Remember The Enigma Protector update regularly.
We are planning to make a completely new version of our program with the new protector and just want to be sure of everything.
No doubt, The Enigma Protector is the best and always best. Really it's unable to crack/unpack without valid registration information.
For Prasid , come on man...
the Enigma is a very good protector, but i think is at the begining to make a way and good reputation, but you seems to be a more than an enthusiastic dude... is just a piese of software , is not a way in life. For a developer ,sure is something important, but isn't change your life.Keep it real man , how many age you are?
No offense ... sorry for offtopic

For Enigma(aka Vladimir)
Can you put a new demo to test the new VM with map file in vb?
Thank you fr understanding
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

For Enigma(aka Vladimir)
Can you put a new demo to test the new VM with map file in vb?
Thank you fr understanding
Can you write me directly by email? I do not want to share new demo versions, it is potential piece for crackers attacks.