Attached data

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
tobis

Attached data

Post by tobis »

Is it possible to attach some data to a protected .net file and read this data at application runtime ?
prasid

Re: Attached data

Post by prasid »

Yes, it is possible. Use Enigma Protector virtual box.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yes, you may place your data into some file and then merge file to exe using Virtual Box feature.

Or, use Protection Features - Protected Strings, this also allows some kind of data embeding.
tobis

Post by tobis »

Sorry, I think I have to describe a little bit more in detail what I want to do:

I have some kind of interpreter (engine) which consists of multiple files, which I want to protect and merge using the enigma protector.
In addition I have some kind of IDE where the user can create a script which then the IDE should add to the already protected interpreter engine exe ...

When the output exe ( enigma protected exe + script data ) is run it should be able to access the added data of its own exe file ...

Hope now it's more understandable. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you very much!!!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi tobis,

There are few ways you can/cannot done this:
1. If you wish to append data to already protected exe and then read it - you may do that by adding the data to the end of the file (as overlay) and then read it. Protection does not matter in this case.
2. You may add script files to the .enigma project (using Virtual Box feature) and then protect the exe on the fly (user create the set of scripts and then you run protector which produces final protected exe). This way there would be no changes to the exe logic, you may read script files from the file, the protector will just emulate the files in memory using Virtual Box feature. But this case each user will have own license to Enigma Protector, you can't just use your own license together with Enigma Protector inside your application to protect files.
3. Same as #2, but without license limitation, using freeware Enigma Virtual Box.