Any questions? Ask us: support@enigmaprotector.com

Consequences of 'Emulate WinAPI' not checked

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc

Consequences of 'Emulate WinAPI' not checked

Postby codix » Wed May 08, 2013 10:57 am

Hello,

What are the consequences of unchecking 'Emulate WinAPI functions' in conjunction with using Enigma API? The help file says "Please note that if you use Enigma API inside your application, this function should be enabled.", but is a bit unspecific about the reasons.

I'm asking because I'm working on a DLL injector that only works correctly without 'Emulate WinAPI' and I'm wondering whether using Enigma API functions this way inside the DLL would diminish the protection level seriously or not.
codix

Re: Consequences of 'Emulate WinAPI' not checked

Postby Enigma » Wed May 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi codix,

Yes, in your case you should not use Winapi Emulation, otherwise your injection won't work. But really, it is a problem of the method of injection you are using, but not a problem of the protection. Anyway, in your case it would be better just do not use this option.

Why and where Winapi Emulation should be used together with Enigma API - only in case if you are getting a pointer to Enigma API functions through the GetProcAddress function. Such things happening for VB6 and .NET programs.
If you are developing application on C, C++, Delphi, and you use Enigma API thought it's description from enigma_ide.pas or enigma_ide.c, then you should not worry, Enigma API will be working well even without Winapi Emulation.
Enigma
Site Admin

Postby codix » Wed May 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Thanks for the fast answer. That's all I wanted to know, I should be fine then.
codix

Postby Enigma » Wed May 08, 2013 5:18 pm

You're welcome. Let me know if you will have questions.
Enigma
Site Admin

Return to Basic