Any questions? Ask us: support@enigmaprotector.com

Can Enigma Protector Be Used for Ubot?

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc

Can Enigma Protector Be Used for Ubot?

Postby a2mateit » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi,

Is there any way that I can use enigma protector with Ubot to lock down my software?

Does anyone know if this is possible, or have done this before?

Thanks
a2mateit

Re: Can Enigma Protector Be Used for Ubot?

Postby Enigma » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:43 am

Hi a2mateit,

Not sure anybody will respond to you. As per my experience, I did not know that somebody uses/used it, and also do not even know what is Ubot.

If you send us (at support@enigmaprotector.com) example of the exe you would like to protect, I will tell if it is possible or no.
Enigma
Site Admin

Postby cloakmaster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 pm

did anyone try this yet with ubot?

i bought the 32 bit enigma protector and will try it out on a ubot project and will post results after but would like to know if anyone else already tried it
cloakmaster

Postby Enigma » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 am

Looks like Enigma Protector supports these files as well.

But I have a feeling that this kind of program stores some data in the file overlay, that is not protected by default and just appending to the file after protection. To protect it anyway, there should be made some trick:
1. Enter the input file, say it is "app.exe"
2. Enter the name of output file, keep the name same as input (just copy it to another folder).
3. Enable option Virtual Box - Files, and add "app.exe" into the %DEFAULT FOLDER%
4. In the panel Miscellaneous - Others, enable the option Remove Overlay
Enigma
Site Admin

Postby cloakmaster » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:16 am

Enigma wrote:Looks like Enigma Protector supports these files as well.

But I have a feeling that this kind of program stores some data in the file overlay, that is not protected by default and just appending to the file after protection. To protect it anyway, there should be made some trick:
2. Enter the name of output file, keep the name same as input (just copy it to another folder).
3. Enable option Virtual Box - Files, and add "app.exe" into the %DEFAULT FOLDER%

thank you for testing my file and the setting recommendations will follow up with you if i run into any issues
cloakmaster

Postby cloakmaster » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 am

ok im protecting my first one i want to launch commercially and didnt seem to work

can you re look at the directions and use the file i sent in for testing as base and make sure it will open after protection

thanks
cloakmaster

Postby Enigma » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:05 am

I've protected the file you sent and it was working well. Have you tried it with default options?

Some protection options may not be compatible with different files. For example, some plugins may not work, that's because I do not recommend to use them until you are sure the plugins works well with your file.

Also, if you plan to sell the file, you have to use the licensing features of Enigma Protector. So only registered customers will have a key and ability to use the program.
Enigma
Site Admin

Postby cloakmaster » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:47 am

the default options are these?

or do you mean just very basic protection settings and go from there?
cloakmaster

Postby Enigma » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:08 am

No, the default options are just select input and output file. Will this way work for you?

I think there is just some misconfiguration in your case. Send us screenshots at support@enigmaprotector.com of protector settings, and I will let you know if you are doing everything correctly.
Enigma
Site Admin

Postby cloakmaster » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:37 am

i have a follow up question if i use lets say Setup Factory for the windows installation process to install to a windows machine do i need to protect the ubot exe of the setup exe that the setup factory creates?

how is it normally done for C ++ or VStudio apps when turned into a windows installer?
cloakmaster

Next

Return to Basic