Trial vesion

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
DongJi

Trial vesion

Post by DongJi »

I am interested in Enigma Protector. I have downloaded the Demo version. I tried to create a project and protected it. However, it seems that nothing has happened.
Is there any trial version avaliable? I really want to tried some features and before an order. Thanks!
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Trial vesion

Post by Enigma »

Hi,

Latest demo version is there:
http://enigmaprotector.com/assets/files ... n_demo.exe

I feel that you may have few mistakes..
1. Current DEMO version does not allow to protect system files of Windows Vista/7, like notepad.exe that is shown in input box by default. Latest full version is able to protect such files.
2. Probably you selected output path that is write protected. Maybe output is program files folder, system folder. Enigma just can't create output file. I seem it is a core of your problem.
3. Maybe you entered same input and output files, but input file is opened and so write protected.

Demo version is working good. Current version only has bug with protecting of .net executables.
DongJi

Post by DongJi »

Many thanks for your reply. I have another question. How can I get a particular hardware ID? Do I have to write an extra program?
In the other word, if I want to encrypt with hardware ID,how can I get user's hardware ID automatically?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Seems you want to:
1. get user's hardware id
2. protect main program with this id
3. send main program to user
correct? This is great decision!

Yes, for this purpose you may write own application or use second way.
1. you may write own simple program that will show hardware id by using EP_RegHardwareID, and protect this program with the same project file as a main application (this is needed to generate same hardware ids of your simple application and main program)
2. you may protect any program that will show standard registration dialog (see Registration Features - Registration Dialog) with hardware id and modify this dialog to disallow/hide register button, this is much easy way! So this protected application will only show Registration Dialog with hardware id and allows to send this id to you.