Expiration Date vs Subscription

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
dwilbourn

Expiration Date vs Subscription

Post by dwilbourn »

Can someone explain what the difference is between using the Key Generator Setting: Expiration Date and Subscription? I can't see how one would be different to the other.

David.
prasid

Re: Expiration Date vs Subscription

Post by prasid »

I found lot of information from help file! And I depict from there.
Use Key Expiration - indicates, if the Expiration Date check box will be enabled when License Generator is opened.

Subscription - If you enable License subscription check box and subscription date will be appeared by default when Edit License dialog is opened.

Enigma will give you more info about this!
dwilbourn

Post by dwilbourn »

I'm sorry but that dos not help at all. It still does not tell me what the difference is between the 2 methods. When should I use Expiration Date and when should I use Subscription? How does the function of the protection differ between the 2 methods?

And I had read the help file before posting the message. It did not not help much at all I am sorry to say.

David.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi David, doifference is very simple:

Key Expiration Date - this is a date when the genearted registration key will expire. For example, you have a protected application that requires licensing by registration key. You want to limit time usage of this license. You generate a registartion key with Expiration date 11-Jan-2010. User register your program with this registration key, it works well until 11-Jan-2010, after this date registrayion key become invalid, and user will have to ask you for new registration key

Subscription - this feature is using my Enigma Mailer, and ONLY by Enigma Mailer. It allows to select the date until that Enigma Mailer will generate auto emails for this license. For example, you want to use subscription scheme for selling of your product. Users will have to prolong subscription of new version. After user buy a license, you generate a registration key + you enable subscription date, for example, 1 year after purchasing. Then you go to Enigma Mailer, enter some pattern (in this pattern, for example, you place a link to new version of your software) and click Generate emails button to generate emails to all registered users. Only here "Subscription" field is affecting, if user subscription has expired, then Enigma Mailer will not generate email for this user.

Hope this much clear...?
dwilbourn

Post by dwilbourn »

I think that helps clear it up. Perhaps you should think about adding that to the help file next revision!

David.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Ok David, I will try to review and add some extra info. By the way, issue with buttons flowing of manager and mailer windows, you wrote in Problems, is solved. Next update will come soon!