portable security key with enigma

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
Grawol

portable security key with enigma

Post by Grawol »

Is it possible to bind an activation data to any device hardware id ?
I'm thinking about a "portable" activation device for my users, could be by usb drive (by disk s/n) or any other device that have unique id.
So they will only allowed to run the program on any computer with the device existence only.

blagodaryu vas
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: portable security key with enigma

Post by Enigma »

Hi, unfortunately, there is no such feature.

The only allowed devices are listed on Registration Features - Hardware Lock.

As for the USB lock, this is impossible to do at all. There are USB sticks where you can change it's serial number or even emulate the USB device with special software. If you wish to lock program to USB device, you need to look at the dongle protection, but it rather costly than our solution and could be not so effective.
Grawol

Post by Grawol »

Code: Select all

[Registration information]
Name=00177690AA < i change the registration name, the key is still valid
Key=B9D65ME38VYPHFU8U5B8BPLRHUPKTJSXUML6DMTLRPFF5RZWV4YP98DYQ24LURCE8A2RQBB5WVP442QZUDGRY6JL7TLY
Is the registration name does not count anything ?
I change the registration name, the key is still valid. Can I lock this ?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Grawol wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:29 pm Is the registration name does not count anything ?
I change the registration name, the key is still valid. Can I lock this ?
I think that you store license information in both registry and file, check settings at Registration Features- Registration Data Storing.

If so, you are trying to edit the license information in the file. However, protection reads it from registry first and if information in registry is found, the file is skipping.

Check the registry, protection takes the information from registry first.
Grawol

Post by Grawol »

Yes, I am using both method. Then i check the validation by my self to compare file reg. and reg.key.
I remove both registry and reg.file, then I rename the reg.Name but it is still valid.
But now I encrypted it, faster solution :D.

By the way, Is the registration name is not paired with registration data ?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Grawol wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:05 pm By the way, Is the registration name is not paired with registration data ?
It is definitely "paired", the registration key is valid for only one registration name. If anty symbol in the name is changed, reg key becomes invalid.
Grawol wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:05 pm I remove both registry and reg.file, then I rename the reg.Name but it is still valid.
Just curious where can be the "issue"? I'm sure that protection loads license from either reg either file which you did not rename! Maybe you've changed information from the the wrong paths (eg, if you store license in Program Files folder, which is usually write protected by Windows, any attempts of application to write to this folder will be redirected to Virtual Folder that is stored in User folder. So if you change the file located in Program Files, protection will really read it from Virtual Folder)?
If you wish, we can investigate that by using debug version of Enigma...?