Windows 10 - Windows Defender Issue

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
antman147

Re: Windows 10 - Windows Defender Issue

Post by antman147 »

Enigma wrote:Found that multiple protection systems are affected by this issue, not just Enigma Protector, other major systems also have same problems.

Have a hope that this will be fixed very soon.
I look forward to when this is resolved. Whilst asking customers to add an exclusion for one file in Defender works with some customers, i have a few others where that is not a viable option.

Are there any links to other reports (with other protection systems) that are also affected by the issue, as i would like to keep my customers informed that this isn't an isolated issue.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

antman147 wrote:Are there any links to other reports (with other protection systems) that are also affected by the issue, as i would like to keep my customers informed that this isn't an isolated issue.
There are a lot of complains from other protection vendors, all discussions are going in private. No comments from MS yet.

We have found that problem affects only Win10, for Win8 is it either solved either never happen.
danypd69

Post by danypd69 »

Hello, I just got a client with the same problem using Microsoft Security Essentials on windows 7, solved adding my application to the exclusion list.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Guys, please, give me a Submission ID if you sent a file with such problem at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/securit ... ubmit.aspx

If you did not do that, please participate, submit a sample and give me Submission ID

This will help to resolve problem!
danypd69

Post by danypd69 »

my submission id: MMPC16052443191605
codix

Post by codix »

submission id: MMPC16052457355044

Only one of the three affected files, the other two are too large to be uploaded to the MS submission site.
antman147

Post by antman147 »

Submission ID MMPC16052329424904
antman147

Post by antman147 »

danypd69 wrote:Hello, I just got a client with the same problem using Microsoft Security Essentials on windows 7, solved adding my application to the exclusion list.
I also have clients using a mix of MSE, or Forefront Endpoint Protection with Windows 7 that are affected by the issue.

I have some clients that can add an exclusion okay, others either refuse to (company policy), or are unable to (either policy or technical limitations)
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Guys, thank you very much for the help! Your IDs had been sent to the person who is applied to investigate this issue.

Surely, putting the file to exception list is not a good idea, this is just a possible temporary workaround.

We will be working with MS to continue to resolve the issue!
danypd69

Post by danypd69 »

Thanks, please keep us informed, I have a lot of clients complaining right now :? :?