CreateRemoteThread

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
BigMeme

CreateRemoteThread

Post by BigMeme »

I've been having an issue where a C++ program protected with the demo version of Enigma Protector (4.40) crashes when I call CreateRemoteThread. I have Redirect WinAPI functions and Emulate WinAPI functions both disabled. I only get the crash when I compile in visual studio 2012 using Common Language RunTime Support (/clr). The exact same code works when that's disabled, but in the project where I have that enabled (I'm using it so I can use windows forms), it crashes when I call CreateRemoteThread. I've double checked that /clr is the problem by taking the old project that didn't crash before when protected with Enigma Protector and just enabled Common Language RunTime Support and it crashed when ran with Enigma Protector. Is there a solution to this or should I just not use /clr and not use Windows Forms and make the GUI with some other library?
ds-cs

Re: CreateRemoteThread

Post by ds-cs »

I have the same Problems without using Windows forms. The Problem is createremotethread! Using Enigma Version 5.4.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Are you using dll/code injection technology in your application?
ds-cs

Post by ds-cs »

yes. i fixed it with function selecting from virtuell box.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

ok. But also same behavior may cause settings on the Protection Features - Import Protection panel.