Protected strings not found

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
bonewolf

Protected strings not found

Post by bonewolf »

Hi,

I'm having an issue with protected strings in my Delphi 7 application. I followed all the indications in the documentation and the example files:

- I've added the strings to the list of Protected Strings in Enigma (ansi strings)
- I'm retrieving them in the code with EP_ProtectedStringAsAnsiStringByKey

Sadly, the function returns an empty strings. It seems that within EP_ProtectedStringAsAnsiStringByKey, the function EP_ProtectedStringByKey returns 0 - the documentation says this happens if the key or id of the string is undefined, or if the exe is not protected... But both are.

I've tried to retrieve the string by ID, no luck. I've also tried disabling the virtualization through Classic VM for the function within which EP_ProtectedStringAsAnsiStringByKey is called (I thought it could be that?), but makes no difference.

Do you know of any issue that can cause this? Maybe some bad configuration in the enigma project?

Thank you!
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Protected strings not found

Post by Enigma »

Hi, just as idea, you probably set the incorrect format for this string in Enigma Protector. Go to Protected Strings, edit the string, and make sure that it's type is set to Ansi.

Also, make sure that the file you are testing is protected. Usually, this problem happen when trying to run non protected file.