RISC VM "out of memory"

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
bonewolf

RISC VM "out of memory"

Post by bonewolf »

Hi,

I'm trying to protect the executable of my app (written in Delphi 7), including virtualizing about 400 functions retrieved through the map file of the executable. The executable is around 3mb.

If I do it with the Classic VM, it's all good and only takes a few seconds to protect.

If I do it with the new RISC VM, first of all it takes about 20-30 minutes to complete the "virtualization" step of the protection process (!). Plus, at the very end of the process, it comes up with error "out of memory" and aborts. The exe is small tho, and there is no high RAM usage in the system.

Any idea on the reasons and a solution?

Thanks a lot!
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: RISC VM "out of memory"

Post by Enigma »

Hi, yeah, 400 functions are too much for RISC VM. You need to use up to 20 core functions to protect with RISC VM only.

For other functions you may use classic VM through the markers: vm_begin/vm_end. Or use RISC with markers vm_risc_begin/vm_risc_end.

Hope this helps!
bonewolf

Re: RISC VM "out of memory"

Post by bonewolf »

Enigma wrote:Hi, yeah, 400 functions are too much for RISC VM. You need to use up to 20 core functions to protect with RISC VM only.

For other functions you may use classic VM through the markers: vm_begin/vm_end. Or use RISC with markers vm_risc_begin/vm_risc_end.

Hope this helps!
All clear, thanks a lot!