Speed of Read/Loading Files in VM

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
darkflamed

Speed of Read/Loading Files in VM

Post by darkflamed »

I was wondering if there was any way to speed up the process of reading and loading files (outside the VM) while the executable is packed as a virtual machine with the software. This is a big thing for my progam as I have a lot of files that need loaded and it seems that the virtual machine slows this process down by 3-4 times the speed. Before it would take no more then 20-30 seconds and now it is taking almost 2 minutes. If there is an option to either pack DLL's in the executable in a different manner (without the VM), or make some type of plugin or setting speed up the readfile of specific directories that would be amazing.
perfectcode

Re: Speed of Read/Loading Files in VM

Post by perfectcode »

Last edited by perfectcode on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
darkflamed

Post by darkflamed »

The problem i'm having isn't reading the files INSIDE of the virtual box, its reading the files OUTSIDE of it. The only things I virtualize with the box is the DLL's I need to have packed inside the exe. The protection i'm really after is for the DLL's but its at a cost of having the executable read files very slow even if they aren't included inside the virtual box. So this is where my question lies if there is any way to speed up reading files that are outside the box, or if there is a different way I can pack the DLL's so that I don't have to use the virtual box altogether.
perfectcode

Post by perfectcode »