Internal Protection Error

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
ccarita

Internal Protection Error

Post by ccarita »

Hello,

I bought some days ago the Enigma protector, and I'm facing a problem. After I protected my program, sometimes when I start it, it shows the folowing message:
"Internal Protection Error, please contact to author!".
Please note that this message appears about 10% of the times I start my program that is protected with Enigma. The message shows up in Windows 7 x64 and in Windows XP. If I try to start my program again, then it starts without the error messsage.
Could you please check this? I'm using version 2.33.
While you can't fix it, could you please provide a way to customize the error message? Since most people of my country can't read english, it could be confusing to my customers.
If you need some more information, please ask, OK?
Many thanks in advance.

Cristiano.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Internal Protection Error

Post by Enigma »

Hi Cristiano, I think you've enabled almost all plugins in Enigma, correct?

Please disable all plugins (Miscellaneous - Plugins panel) and do not use it until you know what plugin is for.

Also, on a very particular applications the option Protection Features - Inline Patching may fail, so try to disable this too.

If nothing helped, please send us non protected file of your application and your project file (.enigma) and we will test it out.

PS: normally, such error message never appears.
ccarita

Post by ccarita »

Hello,

You are correct, I am using almost all of the plugins.
I am not using Inline Patching Protection, because my program is always closed 2 or 3 seconds after opened, if I enable Inline Patching Protection.
I would like to use all plugins that does not cause the "Internal Protection Error". I'm not an expert in ASM or low-level programming... how can I discover which plugin (or even more than one) that are causing this problem? Just trying one by one, or there is a better option? And I really would like to have an option to translate the error message, if possible.
Please remember that the problem occurs only sometimes even on the same machine. One time I open my program and the error appears. If I open it again a few seconds later, it works OK... (most of time it works OK)

Congratulations for your amazing work with Enigma.

Cristiano.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Cristiano, I'm not recommend you to use any plugin until you know what is for. Some plugins may work well with native assembler kind of files, another will work only with .net applications.

Most useful feature of common part of plugins is debugger detection. If you enable Checkup - Anti Debugger feature, it is almost same as all anti-debugger plugins, but much stable feature. So, do not use plugins.

Regarding Inline Patching - yes, it could be useful, but due to specific, some files are working incorrectly with this feature. And as you noticed, protected file is being closed every 2-3 seconds.
chezmapan

Post by chezmapan »

i cant log.in in RFpoa it says internal protection error what shoul i do? please help me out