"External Files" not working in 1.63?

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
iaanus

"External Files" not working in 1.63?

Post by iaanus »

Hi,

I used to use the "checkup of external files" feature in my projects, but since I upgraded to 1.63, it doesn't seem to work anymore. I am able to protect my executable, but as soon as I run it I get the "file has been modified after installation" message although the file has not been modified at all. I use to check "File checksum" only, but the problem seems to occur even if I select file size or file version (didn't try dates and attributes).

Is this a bug or did something in the feature change that I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance,

Alberto
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: "External Files" not working in 1.63?

Post by Enigma »

Alberto, this was a bug, my apologies... Please redownload full version of Enigma 1.63 (with the same link), I've solved this error!
iaanus

Post by iaanus »

Thanks a lot for the very quick response! It works perfectly now.
Compliments for this very good product!

Alberto
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

iaanus

Post by iaanus »

The option doesn't seem to be working properly. I am attaching a zip file showing the problem. The zip contains:
  • helloworld.exe: an exe that just prints the string "hello, world"
  • externalfile.txt: an external file (contents are irrelevant)
  • helloworld.enigma: an enigma project using the "external files" check on externalfile.txt
Protect the exe with Enigma using the attached project and copy both protected_helloworld.exe and externalfile.txt in a folder, say C:\DirToExe. Open a command prompt. If you launch the protected exe with a full pathname

Code: Select all

C:\DirToExe\protected_helloworld.exe
the program executes correctly and prints "hello, world". However if you do

Code: Select all

cd C:\DirToExe
protected_helloworld.exe
then you will get the following error message:
The installation package had been modified! File: \externalfile.txt is corrupted! Please reinstall application!
The message is actually correct, because there is no \externalfile.txt file. It seems that the protected exe is deducing the exe path name from the command line, but the command line might contain no path!
Hope it helps,
Attachments
helloworld.zip
(16.71 KiB) Downloaded 1440 times
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hm... really... Thanks for the information, will be solved today! Very soon (within 3-4 days) will release new version!
Thanks!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

The message is actually correct, because there is no \externalfile.txt file. It seems that the protected exe is deducing the exe path name from the command line, but the command line might contain no path!
Bug is solved, thanks you very much for such detailed information! New version will be released soon!