protected file crash

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
coolzer02001

protected file crash

Post by coolzer02001 »

hi please advise about this matter
when I run my protected file it says an internal protection error please contact the auther can u please advise ?
coolzer02001

Re: protected file crash

Post by coolzer02001 »

I think I found where the problem is, its in the executed process section I cannot apply more than one check like I cannot add FTC for the same process :S
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Is it happening with full or demo version? I will try to check it out...
coolzer02001

Post by coolzer02001 »

full version of 1.70 and I have another question shouldnt the executed process section be like this

//ftc stands for all the options.
if ( FTC== true ) {
if( filename == checkedfilename && textwindow==checkedtextwindow && classwindow == checkedclasswindow){
msgbox.show();
protectedapplication.exit();
}
}

I see ur using OR instead of AND so this means that it will check for each rule as stand alone and this might cause protected exe to close if detects the rule on other exe's like
if u have filename = cheat engine.exe and textwindow = memory viewer and classwindow = Tapplication and u checked TC which means text and class this should mean that any application that has the window text equals to memoryviewer and class window = Tapplication then close application but our case thats not true it checks if any application running has the window text equals to memoryviewer Or any application has the class window equals to Tapplication and in this case it will stop the protected application cause of another process running. not the one I spasifecly want.

I hope u understood what I mean
coolzer02001

Post by coolzer02001 »

also I added a diver name for the loaded drivers check section yet the protected file didnt detect the driver when I installed the driver.

the driver is a rootkit driver installed by an application called cheat engine to hide the process from the tasklist the driver name is dbk32.sys which I added to the check section yet it didnt detect it.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I have tested latest version and did not find a bug with Executed Processes checkup. I have added few processes and then protect, protected file started well! Regarding logic of Executed Processes checkup, you are right, there is using OR instead of AND. I will remake it and will release new version tomorrow. Contact me at support@enigmaprotector.com I give you a download link. Also, we will try to solve problem with file crash!
coolzer02001

Post by coolzer02001 »

thanks for the fast replay and action I will contact you now as for the crash file issue I dont know I made a new project file using 1.68 version and it worked probably it was an issue with the project file or something and as for the driver issue it was my mistake I assumed the filename is the driver name but its not :) sorry for that :D
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Ok, great, then all problems are solved! Yes, incorrect project file could be the core of problem! And regarding drivers, you can find driver name by reversing the application that calls this driver by (for example) loading appl into debugger and hooking CreateFile function that runs a driver.