Problems with trial

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
dmitrylazdin

Problems with trial

Post by dmitrylazdin »

I create new project and enable the parameter - Limitation by Days Count for 30 days. Then I protect my execution file and run it. I recieve Registration Dialog and when i try to use trial and press "TRY" button the programm just exit and nothing else. So my question - what i should do to make trial work right?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Problems with trial

Post by Enigma »

Hi Dmitry,

First of all, try to protect your file with just default protection settings. Check if file works, to make sure it is compatible with protection. If the file does not work at all, send it to us at support@enigmaprotector.com we will check if it requires specific protection settings.

If you are sure the file is OK, then in your case the option Registration Feature - Common - Allow execution only if registered may affect. If this option is enabled, the file won't run until it gets registered. If this does not help, please attach your .enigma project file here, we wil check it out.
dmitrylazdin

Post by dmitrylazdin »

Thank you, Enigma.

You was right about Registration Feature - Common - Allow execution only if registered feature. When I turn off this parameter it begins work correct, as I want.

Now I have one more question about trial So all the time, when user open program during trial period, the Registration Dialog will appear firstly, and after that should press "TRY". Or there is some parameter, when program opens only with nag-screen, without Registration Dialog in the second, third and other times?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

There are different ways how you can show and control the registration dialog.

- There is an option on Registration Features - Registration Dialog - Show if trial is expired, if it is checked, the dialog will be shown only if trial is expired and not each execution
- Using Enigma API functions you can build own registration dialog and handle registrations. Eg, use EP_RegLoadAndCheckKey function to check if the application is registered and EP_RegCheckAndSaveKey to check and save the license.