Incorporating NET and different computers

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Disco Makberto

Incorporating NET and different computers

Post by Disco Makberto »

Mr. Enigma and readers,

Please let me ask you a question. Let's say that I incorporate NET Framework into my application via Enigma so that I can use this application with a computer that do not have NET Framework. And let's suppose that the application runs perfectly with this computer that lacks NET Framework. What would happen if I try to use this application (that has NET Framework integrated into itself) with a different computer that already has NET Framework? Will the application work in spite of the fact that there are two NET Frameworks? Or one NET Framework (the one on desktop) is independent of the other (the one with the app) and hence the application still works?

Carlos Albert
Disco Makberto
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Incorporating NET and different computers

Post by Enigma »

Hi Carlos,

I think the bahavior of the program will be similar as in case you will have virtual and real files with the same paths/names.
In short, the bahavior won't be changed if user has .net framework installed or no. So I think you should not worry about this!

Anyway, if the .net framework will be also installed, program will be used the virtual copy instead.
Disco Makberto

Post by Disco Makberto »

This is great news, and thanks for the explanation!

Regards,

Carlos Albert
Disco Makberto
tobis

Post by tobis »

Hi Carlos,
did you have success in embedding the .net Framework into the enigma Virtual filesystem? I also tried it but it did not work :?
I still hope enigma will provide ready to use embeddable packages for this one day...

Thank you!
rmpf

Post by rmpf »

Hi, ready to use embeddable packages would be an amazing step but at least i'll expect some documentation so we can build the packages our self. Right now I have a project where I need to embed .net but I don't know how. I can see some alternatives to root folders but how this really work??? Can we have more than one root folder??? One for the app (Default folder - app_Data) and another for .net framework (Windows - System???) I don't find documentation - user guide - Does this exist??? Where??
Disco Makberto

Post by Disco Makberto »

Greetings!

No, I was not successful with NET and Enigma Virtual Box. But in my case, this was related to the limitations of my system, particularly my memory of just 512MB. In any case, I will try again when I upgrade my system.

Carlos Albert
Disco Makberto