Non-resizable "Progress" window hides error messages

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
JTMoleBoxed

Non-resizable "Progress" window hides error messages

Post by JTMoleBoxed »

After installing Version 7.10 of Enigma VirtualBox in Windows 7 (64-bit), I attempted to build my first project. When "progress" reached the stage where it started to "build final file," an error occurred. Because the Progress window is not resizable, it is impossible to see the entire error message. Please make that window resizable, or make the text messages wrap at the edges of the window, so that errors can be identified and fixed.

As for the error itself, the visible part of the message says: "Error while processing: Cannot create file [path to file]. The pr" What are some of the possibilities that would complete the cut-off sentence? Why would the process not be able to create a file in a folder to which I have full rights, and use all the time to save downloads and other files before moving them elsewhere?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Non-resizable "Progress" window hides error messages

Post by Enigma »

Hi,

OK, btw, you may use console version to view or even save the log.

Regarding this problem - it may happen because antivirus may block packed file. Add output file to the exceptions list of the antivirus.

If this is an issue for you, then you may report a false positive alert to this antivirus to avoid happening of the problem in future. There are instructions: http://www.softwareprotection.info/2011 ... -to-solve/
JTMoleBoxed

Post by JTMoleBoxed »

"OK, btw, you may use console version to view or even save the log"
Since most people will probably use the GUI version, it seems like it would be more useful to make the GUI capable of displaying error messages.

"Regarding this problem - it may happen because antivirus may block packed file."
That probably didn't happen here. Webroot SecureAnywhere rarely blocks anything without notifying me.

After booting into another Windows installation running Vista 32-bit, also using WSA, the packing completed without a problem, and the resulting file opened properly

Can you tell from the partial string visible at the end of the error message ("The pr") what the rest of the error message was going to be?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Maybe the path where you try to store packed file is read only/write protected?

The rest of the message does not give much sense, it is something like "The process cannot create a file", this is standard Windows error that happens when process is unable to create/write files.