Boxed application has heap allocation error

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
rivy

Boxed application has heap allocation error

Post by rivy »

I'm attempting to portable package some Win32 ports of unix utiliities. But, upon trying to start the resultant boxed application, I keep getting a process fault (eg, "*** 1. unable to allocate heap 0xA010000, heap_chunk_size 268435456, pid 0, Win32 error 0").

I've tried a myriad of option combinations within the EVB packager, including both keeping the dll's in-memory and writing them to disk. I've had no success in obtaining a functional boxed application.

I've attached an archive (via Dropbox link @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/80y0sb5vcp363f9/md5sum.zip) that contains the files to be boxed and the compiled version. Additionally, I've included a successfully virtualized ThinApp package of the same files for comparison.

Any suggestions?
--
Roy Ivy III
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Boxed application has heap allocation error

Post by Enigma »

Hi Roy,

Just to let you know, we were able to reproduce the problem you described. We are still trying to find why it appears.

Looks like your app is compiled using cigwin? We had a ticked with the similar problem, hope this time we will solve it.
rivy

Post by rivy »

Thanks for looking at the problem. And yes, I believe it as compiled with MSYS (a cygwin fork).
rivy

Post by rivy »

* bump *

Any progress?