Temporary files ARE created

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
uagma

Temporary files ARE created

Post by uagma »

In the Main Benefits section told that "Enigma Virtual Box does not extract the virtualized files to the disk and does not create any temporary files on the user's computer", but temporary files ARE created even if Map executable files using temporary file option is disabled: there is an empty evbXXXX.tmp file created in %TEMP%, thus VB running could be detected.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Temporary files ARE created

Post by Enigma »

Hi, EVB does not extract files on the disk, I could prove that once again.

The files that you see in the temporary folder are temporary files that are used for better compatibility of virtualization for packed applications. If you check the content of these files, you find that they are almost empty and does not have any information inside (moreover, information from the virtual files).
uagma

Re: Temporary files ARE created

Post by uagma »

Hi, I understand that EVB doen't extract any files, but it does create temporary files in the %TEMP% folder!

Once again. You wrote that "Enigma Virtual Box does not extract the virtualized files to the disk and does not create any temporary files on the user's computer", but that is not true. It does create evbXXXX.tmp files in the %TEMP% folder.

It creates an empty evbXXXX.tmp file even if I disable "Map executable files using temporary file" option. Why?

So if I want to know that somebody used VB on PC, I just should search for evb????.tmp file in %TEMP% folder. That is not good.