Post by spooky »

Hi!

I have the following folder structure:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ElsterFormular
C:\Program Files (x86)\ElsterFormular\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\ElsterFormular\dict
C:\Program Files (x86)\ElsterFormular\hilfe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ElsterFormular\images

Main executable lies in \bin folder. How I correctly setup the Virtual Box folder structure?
My following attempts don't work. Please advise.

Thank you!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Main executable lies in child folder

Post by Enigma »

Hi, you do not have to use "Program Files FOLDER", this does not matter where the application is installed on your computers, these folders means the relation of the main exe to other files.

You have to use "DEFAULT FOLDER", that would be the folder where your main exe is located, i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\ElsterFormular\bin, so put all files from "C:\Program Files (x86)\ElsterFormular\bin" to "DEFAULT FOLDER".
Since other folders are located outside of "DEFAULT FOLDER", you need to add a folder with name ".." (just two dots without quotes), this will tell EVB that it should look over this folder and add there others dict, hilfe etc.

Something like this:
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spooky

Post by spooky »

Cool thx! It is working now...
HowardSmall

Post by HowardSmall »

I have a similar situation but every time I try to add the folder ".." it adds it to the bottom of the folder list, i.e. inside the bin folder. Must be missing something but nothing I have tried puts it immediately below the %DEFAULT FOLDER%
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

HowardSmall wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:59 am I have a similar situation but every time I try to add the folder ".." it adds it to the bottom of the folder list, i.e. inside the bin folder. Must be missing something but nothing I have tried puts it immediately below the %DEFAULT FOLDER%
You need to select %DEFAULT FOLDER% first.