x64 functions selection and markers

x64 version issues
Erix

x64 functions selection and markers

Post by Erix »

Hi,

I'm a bit confused on how function selection works. I created simple application, created detailed map file and selected TForm1.Button1Click as a function to be protected in Enigma x64 project. I pressed protect and there was nothing mentioned in the protection log, i.e. that function by that name was protected or something so I'm wondering if it worked or not? Then I renamed function to TForm1.Button2Click, didn't change function name in the Enigma protector, rebuilt the application and a map and pressed protect in Enigma and still nothing in the log. Did it work or not? If it worked in the first step, it should have given error that function by that name could not be found so I don't forget to add it.

And then the question about EP_Marker('vm_risc_begin'), EP_Marker('vm_risc_end'). What type of virtual machine is used for them? Is it RISC or Classic VM?

thanks
Erix
Ilya

Re: x64 functions selection and markers

Post by Ilya »

Yes, it should work.
Vm_risk_begin marker as indicated in the name is RISC VM protection.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: x64 functions selection and markers

Post by Enigma »

Erix wrote: and still nothing in the log
We have added the information to the log that shows how many functions are processed in recent version of Enigma. Before that - yes, there is a lack of such information.

We plan to enhance the log to include the name of each function that is or is not processed for Virtual Machine.
Erix wrote:And then the question about EP_Marker('vm_risc_begin'), EP_Marker('vm_risc_end'). What type of virtual machine is used for them? Is it RISC or Classic VM?
Current x64 version does not have RISC virtual machine, so classic one is used always. Within a month 6 version of Enigma will be released, the RISC for x64 will be available.